Located on Queensland’s Sunshine Coast, Aura is a large residential development being constructed by one of Australia’s biggest property groups, Stockland. The development is a big one – due to be constructed over three decades and cost upwards of $5 billion, Aura is set to house up to 50,000 residents upon completion.
Aptly described as “the city of colour”, Aura will feature parks, bicycle and walking paths, public amenities, retailers, and an environmental conservation network.
At the heart of this vibrant community is the Aura Town Centre (also known as Baringa Town Square). As part of this development, Advanced Lighting Technologies supplied a selection of luminaires from our architectural range, including the impressive 3.5m tall Arcluce Soul180 Urban LED Bollard, and the striking Arcluce Lunio7 LED Area Light. Both were supplied in 3000K CCT, providing a warm, inviting atmosphere that perfectly complements the lush greenery of the surrounding parklands.
We also supplied many smaller fittings perfect for highlighting architectural features, accents and facades, including the Arcluce Moto & Tito LED Flood Lights in RGB, helping to bring Aura’s “city of colour” mantra to life!
In addition to pathway and architectural lighting, we also supplied the Cree OSQ LED Area / Flood Light to illuminate the Aura Town Centre skate plaza. Designed to achieve average light levels of 100 lux, as per typical skate park recommendations.
Where required, other light levels were designed to comply with relevant Australian Standards, including:
• AS/NZS 1158.3.1-2005 Category P7 – Public Activity Areas (Excluding Car Parks).
• AS/NZS 1158.3.1-2005 Category P2 – Local Areas & Pathways.
- Comply with required light levels
- Achieve desired architectural aesthetic
- Light levels compliant with Australian Standards where required
- High quality illumination
- Warm 3000K colour temperature compliments Aura’s surroundings
- Splashes of colour used to brilliant effect